[News] Simpler Virtualisation Brings Linux to the Windows Faithful

  • Subject: [News] Simpler Virtualisation Brings Linux to the Windows Faithful
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 01:49:52 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Veeam Releases New Virtualization Tools

,----[ Quote ]
| This helps Microsoft Windows administrators who enter the VMware ESX Server
| market and might not be that familiar with Linux command-line entries.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/virtualization/archives/2007/07/veeam_releases_1.html

Run Windows on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Virtualization software allows you to have a primary operating system and
| then run a second one in a screen on your desktop. In other words, you'll be
| able to say install Linux, but then run Windows in a screen on your Linux
| desktop to make use of certain other Windows-based applications.
`----

http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/208302.htm

Related:

XenSource Prepares Latest Virtualization Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Although one of the more prominent of the virtualization providers,
| XenSource is not alone in developing open-source virtualization. On
| March 28, the OpenVX project, based in Herndon, Va., announced its
| latest operating system server virtualization software for the next
| stable Linux kernel--2.2.60.

Xen Xpansion: Ready for Prime Time

,----[ Quote ]
| Tech Analysis: The open-source Xen virtualization project has moved from
| the bleeding edge to being deployment-ready.

The Year of Virtualization

,----[ Quote ]
| I think that Windows will continue to succumb to Linux in the data
| center, MySQL and Postgres will continue to win projects that once
| fell to Oracle and DB/2.
`----

http://virtualization.sys-con.com/read/162110_p.htm

Virtualization: Linux's killer app

,----[ Quote ]
| Think about it. Even Microsoft supports running Linux on its Virtual
| Server product. Why would it do that? Wouldn't an OS partitioning
| technology, such as that used by OpenVz or Sun Solaris, be more in
| keeping with the kind of homogeneous environments that Microsoft
| would like to see? Why would Microsoft invest its resources to
| support a virtual machine technology that can only open the
| door to Linux in the datacenter?
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/02/19/08OPopenent_1.html

Fedora 7 Xen First Look