[News] Microsoft Lobbying Arm Participates in Radio Show About Free Software

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Lobbying Arm Participates in Radio Show About Free Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 04:21:32 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
[Also from Groklaw]

Open Source Software [on the radio]

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source software is built on the idea of cooperation: it's distributed
| for free, with code made available for everyone to improve. But there's
| debate about the future of this collaborative enterprise, with some players
| making deals with IT giants like Microsoft. We look at an industry at a
| crossroads and the evolving relationship between transparency and profit in
| software.
`----

http://www.wamu.org/programs/kn/

What on earth is ACT doing there? That's a vile Microsoft shill.

Another observation worth making is that, according to the press release from
Redmond (not TurboLinux), Microsoft's trick of shoving in proprietary formats
through the desktop monopoly leads to Linux 'taxation'. OOXML does exactly the
same thing. Shame on that corrupted monopoly abuser. Will anyone get them
arrested? Of course not.