Re: New Linux/Web integration?

____/ jim on Sunday 29 July 2007 22:05 : \____

> I'm really new to Linux....but I'd like to know what you guys think about
> this......
>
> http://pyrodesktop.org/Main_Page
>
> It seems to make your desktop a webpage that can interact with other web
> apps.
>
> Hmmmm....

It's a little overhyped, but consider Mozilla's decision to disown Thunderbird.
They say that they see a future without software installation -- a future
where merely everything is browser-based. It's no longer a browser per se, but
more of a platform (within a platform). Gates and the others forsaw this in
the mid 90s and they decided that it would be more profitable to freeze
advancement. That's when they also decided to 'kill' Netscape and hijack to
control the Web and its potential.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Far away from home, robots build people"
Mem:    515500k total,   444552k used,    70948k free,     2732k buffers