Re: Digg spurns Google for young Microsoft ..

In article <pan.2007.07.29.14.36.59.569990@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Kier <vallon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I suppose what you suggest is possible. Roy's sloppiness sometimes annoys
> me too, but I would consider it a poor reason to digg someone down - many
> other people besides Roy use bad spelling or grammar, so why pick on him
> for that? Personally, I hate making spelling mistakes. Others aren't so
> particular.

One big difference is that those other people haven't stated that they
don't proofread their comments.  Roy did, and that gave the impression
that he knows that he makes sloppy mistakes, and that he could avoid
that, but he just doesn't care too--the Digg readers aren't important
enough for him to waste a moment proofreading.

That's going to naturally make some people more picky about his
sloppiness, which will lead to some more downward digs.

--
--Tim Smith