Re: [News] Microsoft Loses Customers to Linux Because of Windows Vista

____/ Martha Adams on Sunday 29 July 2007 07:02 : \____

> I think Microsoft may be very stressed now.  Entries here as
> well as plain common sense point to the possibility.  But, is
> there any *data* out there, not hopeful thinking, about how
> their Vista is doing in this real world?

Yes, here is a recent independent study.

Software Assurance Storm Warning

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/software_assurance_storm_warning.html

> I believe that as soon as a decade or two into the future,
> much discussion of Microsoft will be around not what it
> contributed, but a terrible social cost from their self-centric
> software.  A trend to that could be starting now; so I'm
> very interested to know, how is Vista selling?  ??

It is not selling, it is getting _sold_. Pasive acceptance does no work because
people (and business in particular) have it wiped immediately.

> "John Locke" <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 05:57:35 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>The Silent Microsoft Exodus?

>>>Microsoft,
>>>their
>>>Microsoft.
>>>`----
>>>
>>>http://software.gigaom.com/2006/09/17/microsoft-exodus/
>> This is interesting and its probably a symptom of some kind of turmoil
>> from
>> within Microsoft. But it would be nearly impossible to determine
>> exactly
>> what the problems are unless one of these execs comes forward and
>> makes
>> some statements.
>>
>> ...or maybe this is something that happens all the time at Microsoft
>> and it's
>> just routine corporate "adjustments".

Mo, see what Robert Scoble and Niall Kennedy said when they left Microsoft.

Also be aware that the guy who wrote it recently sold out and took Microosft
money to secretly shill...

Malik, Arrington and Battelle: X-22, come in [to Microsoft]
^^^^^

,----[ Quote ]
| What would possess a collection of online publishers and venture capitalists
| to pimp a Microsoft advertising slogan?
|
| Valleywag today reported about a site tied to a Microsoft ad campaign
| where the likes of Michael Arrington, Om Malik and others seemingly
| lend their support to the "people-ready" catchphrase.
|
| I sent e-mails both to Arrington and Malik and--surprise,
| surprise--heard nothing back. (Obviously, they are not yet
| sufficiently "Coop-ready.") Microsoft was still checking for me into
| whether money exchanged hands. But even if not a single shekel exchanged
| hands, I must wonder about the absence of common sense. Why would
| ostensibly independent voices come across as Microsoft shills? If
| they were hoping for a free dinner with Bill Gates, there are
| smarter ways to go about it.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9733995-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

This whole thing was confirmed later. What a sham. Microsoft bribed bloggers,
again. How miserable has it become?

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
Mem:    515500k total,   444068k used,    71432k free,     5260k buffers