Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Money Flaw Gives Away Your Password

  • Subject: Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Money Flaw Gives Away Your Password
  • From: waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:58:42 +0000 (UTC)
  • Cancel-lock: sha1:EYJhuEx5b86Ze0vjZw57mVii3wE=
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On 2007-07-27, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Money Password Vulnerability
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Money which could allow a
>| malicious user to obtain the password of a Money data file.
> `----
>
> http://d4us.co.nr/index.php?s=&showtopic=1004
>

> Related:
>
> http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/tech-news/?p=741&tag=nl.e119

I knew their was a reason why I never liked Microsoft Money.
I don't particularly like Quicken either fWIW.
I've been using an ancient version of Peachtree for years and
it has served me well. I don't use 20 percent of what it can
do, but the price was right at the time and it works for me.