[News] Milestones for Two Linux Companies Whose Products Microsoft Uses

  • Subject: [News] Milestones for Two Linux Companies Whose Products Microsoft Uses
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:23:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Aruba, Alcatel-Lucent deepen mobility partnership

,----[ Quote ]
| Alcatel-Lucent plans to extend enterprise security into cellular networks
| through its own fixed-mobile convergence systems and Aruba
| Networks' "follow-me" security technology as part of a planned joint venture.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070727/tc_infoworld/90526

Another Linux user/company.

Hope Springs for Akamai

,----[ Quote ]
| Despite the huge drop in the stock price, Akamai's quarter wasn't exactly
| terrible. Gross margins disappointed, but revenue rose 52%, earnings were up
| 50% and EBITDA margins rose by 3 percentage points. In addition, the
| company's full-year guidance implies revenue growth of 44% and earnings
| growth of 45%.
`----

http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/markets/activetraderupdate/10370368.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp&cm_cat=FREE&amp&cm_ite=NA

...and then there's Google (among others).

Related:

Top secret: Microsoft's $6 billion open source play

,----[ Quote ]
| This month's announcement by Microsoft to acquire digital marketing
| services firm aQuantive has revealed little on how the companies
| will integrate their IT, but inside information indicates the deal
| may be Redmond's largest commitment to free software.
|
| [...]
|
| Whether the businesses are complementary or not, Microsoft's integration
| work will no doubt involve a lot of open source software used by aQuantive.
|
| Information available from Atlas' Web site indicates the Internet software
| company employs extensive use of open source software including Linux,
| Apache, MySQL, and Solaris.
|
| Software engineers at Atlas' Raleigh office do client/server development in
| C and C++, software maintenance and "scripting", and developing and
| maintaining custom reporting capabilities.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1616039231;fp;2;fpid;1

It's unofficial: Microsoft bets business on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| What the press statement didn't mention is that Aruba mobility
| controllers run the Linux operating system which Microsoft has
| aggressively targeted as being inferior to Windows as part of
| its "Get the Facts" marketing campaign.
|
| [...]
|
| Pandey's appraisal of Aruba's technology is in stark contrast to
| Microsoft's "Get the Facts" rhetoric which places Windows as a more secure,
| and higher-performing choice over Linux.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;754084996;fp;2;fpid;1

Akamai Earns More

,----[ Quote ]