[News] Laptop Magazine Review of Ubuntu Linux, Linux.com Review of Ubuntu Studio

  • Subject: [News] Laptop Magazine Review of Ubuntu Linux, Linux.com Review of Ubuntu Studio
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 02:06:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu 7.04 on Laptop Magazine

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft hasn't gotten off to the best start with Vista. It's slow, it's
| annoying, and sometimes, it's downright confusing. Linux has been around for
| ages but has played David to Bill Gates' Goliath for longer than we can
| remember. We're not predicting that Ubuntu will change that relationship, but
| it may be the alternative you've been looking for. Because Linux has always
| been a bit of a mystery to most people, we want to take this opportunity to
| answer the myriad questions you might have about this promising OS while
| sharing what we like about it and what we don't.
`----

http://laptopmag.com/Review/Ubuntu-7-04.htm

Ubuntu Studio supports serious audio, adds little for video and graphics

,----[ Quote ]
| As multimedia distros go, Ubuntu Studio's decision to build on to an existing
| distro instead of reinventing the wheel gives it a leg up on its competition.
| I look forward to seeing what Ubuntu Studio will release once Ubuntu 7.10 is
| out the door.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118141

Related:

A Look at Ubuntu Studio

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu has been the most popular Linux distribution for quite some
| time now. This popularity has spawned quite a few variants. Apart
| from the inevitable third-party knock-offs, there are a few
| "official" Ubuntu-based distributions: Kubuntu, which has a KDE
| GUI instead of the standard GNOME, Edubuntu, which is optimized
| for use in classrooms and Xubuntu, which uses the lighter-weight
| XFCE desktop to take advantage of older computers. Now, a new
| variant has appeared called Ubuntu Studio.
`----

http://www.linux.org/dist/reviews/ubuntustudio.html

Ubuntu Studio 7.04 - The Crowning Jewel of the Ubuntu Family

,----[ Quote ]
| I am truly amazed and delighted with Ubuntu Studio. I'm surprised at my
| reaction as well. I'm not a big Ubuntu supporter, although I'm not a
| detractor either. I've just never been all that impressed with Ubuntu.
| Ubuntu Studio is a different matter. It was attractive and pleasant with
| some little extra touches that make it seemed very polished and
| professional.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/16287

Review: Ubuntu Studio 7.04

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Studio is a variant of Ubuntu that concentrates on three
| creative tasks: video editing, audio recording and graphics.
`----

http://www.thepcspy.com/articles/linux/review_ubuntu_studio_704

Ubuntu Studio 7.04 Screenshot Tour

,----[ Quote ]
| The Ubuntu Studio team is proud to announce its first release: 7.04 for
| Intel i386-compatible processors.
`----

http://osdir.com/Article9841.phtml

Installing Ubuntu Studio 7.04 - Linux For The Creative

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu Studio is a multimedia editing/creation flavour of Ubuntu,
| built for the GNU/Linux audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or
| professional. It is an official derivative of the Ubuntu open
| source operating system and comes with applications such as
| Ardour2, Wired, Hydrogen, Blender, Inkscape, Pitivi, and many
| more, as well as a beautiful dark theme (read the release notes
| to learn more).
`----

http://www.howtoforge.com/ubuntustudio_7.04

[Ubuntu Studio 7.04 Released]

,----[ Quote ]
| Our aim is to assemble suites of applications aimed at creative
| people. Suites including the best open-source applications available.
`----

http://ubuntustudio.org/home

Ubuntu Studio & Ardour2 Screenshots

,----[ Quote ]
| The first screenshot is a clean view of the Ubuntu Studio desktop. It's
| hard to see (as this 1600×1200 desktop shot has been resized) but the
| custom theme they have created is simply awe inspiring...
`----

http://www.ubustu.com/globe/2007/04/14/ubuntu-studio-ardour2-screenshots/

Reviews - Ubuntu Studio

,----[ Quote ]