[News] Emerson on Linux as a "Dominant Platform"

  • Subject: [News] Emerson on Linux as a "Dominant Platform"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 06:19:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
CG Linux adds ATCA blade, PrPMC module

,----[ Quote ]
| Emerson Network Power's embedded computing business (formerly Artesyn) says
| its flagship AdvancedTCA (ATCA) blade and Processor PMC (PrPMC) module are
| now supported by MontaVista's carrier-grade Linux distribution.

More support for Linux in the embedded space:

3G cellphone reference designs target Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The designs will run "open" OSes such as Linux, and come pre-validated to
| meet specific operator requirements, the companies claim.

Also, press release here:

Emerson Announces MontaVista Linux Carrier Grade Edition 4.0 for AdvancedTCA
Blades and ProcessorPMC Modules

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-emerson-announces-montavista-linux-carrier-grade-edition-40-/2007/07/24/2808012.htm