[News] The Microsoft Mafia Wants to Buy an ISO Standard, India Fights Back

  • Subject: [News] The Microsoft Mafia Wants to Buy an ISO Standard, India Fights Back
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:36:54 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
World awaits crucial votes on Microsoft's Open XML

,----[ Quote ]
| There are two upcoming votes on the fate of Microsoft's Office Open XML, a
| document format that has brought about bare-knuckle business tactics and
| fierce philosophical disputes.
|
| [...]
|
| Meanwhile, Microsoft rivals are accusing the company of bullying its way
| through a standards process.
|
| "The fundamental question is whether a large company with a lot of money and
| business partners will essentially be able to stack committees so that they
| are out of balance and therefore buy an ISO standard. I, for one, do not
| think this is appropriate. I doubt ISO does either," Bob Sutor, IBM's vice
| president of open source and standards, wrote earlier this month in his
| personal blog.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9749069-7.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=NewsBlog

Defeat M$ efforts to push Ecma OOXML in Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://anivar.movingrepublic.org/2007/defeat-m-efforts-to-push-ecma-ooxml-in-bureau-of-indian-standards-bis/