Re: [News] Open Source Company (XenSource) to Announce Virtualisation Deal with Symantec; VMWare Cheats?

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 24 July 2007 09:32 : \____

http://www.cbronline.com/article_news.asp?guid=2680A175-CCB0-449C-B0C9-1F4A9F99B3DD

> I've been wondering for some time just how the old "security" companies
> like symantec, norton, macafee and so on will evolve to meet the new
> challenges of the waxing open-source world as the Microsoft legacy
> wanes, now we're starting to see where they're going.
>
> I think they will take us a good step closer to the fully virtualised
> computing world.

It's storage solutions, as well. They don't put all their bags in one basket.
It's a different /type/ of security (mainly hardware faults, not software
fault... well, sometimes human error).

Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!
Mem:    515500k total,   444888k used,    70612k free,     1768k buffers