Re: [News] Linux Market Share Over 21% in India?

Sgt. Slaughter <rmiller@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> "We are implementing Linux in large govt projects across the country"
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Infact, Linux is continuously improving its position. This can be proved
>> by
>> | an IDC report which says that in June 2006 Microsoft had 68 percent of
>> the
>> | marketshare and Linux had 21 percent whereas in 2005, Microsoft had 70
>> | percent and Linux had 11 percent.
>> `----
>>
>> http://dqweek.ciol.com/content/Columns/107072002.asp
>>

> Oh looky, looky. Linux market share can suddenly be measured!!!!

You get the killfile for this piece of foolishness.  You cannot measure
licence sales for linux because there aren't any.  You can, however,
measure website hits, or count installed computers if people will tell
you.  You can also measure the size of support deals done with the new,
emerging, support companies.

I don't know why you bother to continue to spout this drivel - why don't
you a) stop nymshifting, and b) go to a suitable group?  This is a linux
advocacy group, not a Windows group.