[News] [Rival] Linspire and Microsoft: Was Someone PAID to Attack GNU/Linux?

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Linspire and Microsoft: Was Someone PAID to Attack GNU/Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 03:12:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
What Linspire Agreed To

,----[ Quote ]
| The page on the Linspire executives lists only one founder, Michael
| Robertson. Maybe there are others. Who knows with a privately-held company?
| For that matter, who knows where the Microsoft money goes with a private
| company. There is no public accountability. The "Inc." means it is a
| corporation, so it's still under certain requirements under the laws that
| govern that type of entity, but it's not like SCO Group, where we get to read
| where all the money goes. Well.

The same issue arose with the Xandros and Novell deal. Executives
are 'rewarded'. Microsoft may be buying its FUD, in which case it is a form of
bribery that is intended to corrupt and muddy the marketplace.

Watch this 'reporter' talking about a company called "Lindows". Why have Yahoo
and PCWorld borrowed his article from Techworld? He surely understands nothing
about the stuff he writes about.

Microsoft Didn't License GNU

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20070722/tc_pcworld/134805