[News] Web-based Desktop Environment for Linux Claimed by Pyro

  • Subject: [News] Web-based Desktop Environment for Linux Claimed by Pyro
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 01:52:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Pyro project offers Firefox-based desktop environment

,----[ Quote ]
| Pyro is an intriguing proof-of-concept, but it's hard to imagine it becoming
| a reliable desktop environment any time in the near future. Although Pyro may
| not have much practical value at the moment, the development process could
| answer a lot of important questions about the implications of Internet
| desktop convergence.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/07/19/experimental-pyro-project-offers-a-firefox-based-desktop-environment-for-linux
http://tinyurl.com/2cv373

Another spin, calling it a DE.

Yesterday:

Pyro delivers Web apps to the Linux desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Pyro project has launched its "Pyro Desktop," a new Linux application
| with the lofty goal of "true integration between the Web and modern desktop
| computing." Pyro offers an interesting new approach to deploying Web-based
| applications on the Linux desktop, reminiscent of Opera's and Vista's
| widgets.
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/news/NS8083744407.html

Last week:

Open Source Developers calling for the next desktop revolution

,----[ Quote ]
| Future GNOME releases might have seamless integration with online services
| and store their configuration on the web - Novell and parts of the community
| seem to agree with Red Hats proposal
`----

http://derstandard.at/?url=/?id=2964567

Related: