Re: Wal-mart to Sell Ubuntu GNU/Linux PCs!

On 2007-07-21, dapunka <dapunka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I wonder what Microsoft are gonna do about this.  I mean, they're not
> exactly famed for their sense of fair play.  They see Linux being
> sold, successfully, through more and more mainstream outlets, the
> nervousness they've already betrayed with their "interoperability
> deals" will turn into outright panic... and we all know what wild
> animals do when they find themselves cornered.

They have met their match when it comes to Walmart.
Granted, Walmart isn't exactly the first place *I* would
go to buy a PC, but a lot of people shop there and
Linux will get some awesome exposure to average Jane.
The only way it could be better was if Dell were to
run some Linux spots during their annual
back to school promotions which typically are all
over the tube right about now.