[News] Linux Laptops to Get Web Filters

  • Subject: [News] Linux Laptops to Get Web Filters
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 05:49:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Pupils browse porn on donated laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| A representative of the One Laptop Per Child aid group was quoted as saying
| that the computers, part of a pilot scheme, would now be fitted with filters.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070720/od_nm/nigeria_pornography_dc;_ylt=A0WTUfF176FG8XwBExgZ.3QA

Related:

[OLPC] Students playing music

,----[ Quote ]
| This may be in Thailand, if someone knows for sure and about the date
| it was taken, post a comment and I'll update this info.
`----

http://olpc.tv/category/children/

OLPC achieves 2km range in 802.11s tests

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/communications/soa/OLPC-achieves-2km-range-in-802-11s-tests/0,130061791,339277912,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/yqpax4