Re: [News] Linspire in Trouble After Microsoft Deal, KC Responds

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 04:04:38 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Freespire, Linspire, and Microsoft patents
>
>,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft denies that this is the case, and argues that, in particular, the
>| GPLv3 has nothing to do with it. However, with its July 5 Covenant to
>| Customers concerning its Linspire deal, Microsoft is trying to put even more
>| distance between any potential patent claims and the GPLv3.
>`----
>
>http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS7598947159.html
>
>Wow. I've never been called "a well-known open-source advocate and author"
>before...
Good for you Roy !

...as for the patent thing, the waters are certainly getting muddy.  I
almost wish that the Microsoft thugs would go ahead with their
patent suits just so we could get things cleared up...or maybe it
would become even more entangled.