[News] [Linux] Review of SymphonyOS, Passes "Wife Test"; Ubuntu Passes "5-year-old Daughter Test"

Alternative GUIs: SymphonyOS

,----[ Quote ]
| I'm looking forward to SymphonyOS' continued success and development.
| It's an innovative and novel concept.
|
| On a personal level, it passed the "wife test" -- she praised
| its ease-of-use.
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17107

Ubuntu Sharing on a Saturday Morning!

,----[ Quote ]
| The Beauty of it lies where there are no preconceptions or judgement
| passed on Ubuntu. she just uses it. there is no comparing... or
| complaining about not having support. She is only 5 and she can
| use linux... in fact my wife has failed to find an alternative on
| other operating systems that can attract my daughter.
`----

http://effiejayx.wordpress.com/2007/06/09/ubuntu-sharing-on-a-saturday-morning/

Related:

Symphony OS 2007.06 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Symphony OS Project is pleased to announce the release of Symphony
| OS 2007.06.  This is our first release based fully on Ubuntu and though
| many hoped for improvements have not yet made it into this release we
| hope to speed up the release schedule over the next couple months to
| help us settle into our new Ubuntu base system.
`----

http://symphonyos.com/cms/?p=16

Symphony OS 2007 Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.04 Base system
| Ubiquity Installer
| Google Gadgets as Desklets
| Continued performance improvements
`----

http://symphonyos.com/cms/?p=15

Symphony OS 2006-12 Beta Screenshot Walkthrough

`----

http://www.thecodingstudio.com/opensource/linux/?q=node/69