[News] [Linux] Fedora 7 and Ubuntu 7.10 Look Solid

The Linux Battle: Ubuntu vs. Fedora

,----[ Quote ]
| Up to this point, Ubuntu appears to be taking the lead in the open
| source operating system world with a strong backing from Dell
| Computers. Both operating systems are fully functional and have
| surprisingly strong features.
`----

http://www.romow.com/computer-blog/the-linux-battle-ubuntu-vs-fedora/

Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 Tribe 1 - A Review?

,----[ Quote ]
| I did not experience any ill-effects while using Gutsy, but I
| was only browsing the web using Firefox. One more note on Tribe 1,
| Pidgin has replaced GAIM as the instant messenger (as expected) and
| the OpenOffice Draw application was added.
|
| Well, there you have it, nothing exciting thus far, but really, do
| not expect much before the beta release in September.
`----

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/08/ubuntu-gutsy-gibbon-710-tribe-1-a-review/

Linux moves forward at a quick pace while Apple works on Leopard for years
and Microsoft struggles in preparing a Service Pack that _might_ make Vista
more acceptable than the 2001 predecessor.