[News] [OSS] More Open Source and Web-based Software in Europe

Web 2.0 at the European Parliament

,----[ Quote ]
| Similarly, I remember in the late 90s, when I got a flurry of
| requests to talk to government bodies about open source software.
| Not much seems to happen as a result of these investigations, at
| least not at first, but eventually the ideas do start to catch on.
| Government is definitely a follower, not a leader, but they do
| start to pay attention about 30-40% of the way up the hype curve,
| so this is a sign that Web 2.0 still has a ways to go.
`----

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/06/web_20_at_the_e.html

Related:

3 open source e-Government projects merge and launch PloneGov.org

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://technocrat.net/d/2007/6/8/21231