Re: [News] [Linux] Yet Another Company Chooses Linux Desktops

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

FON is Dropping Microsoft, Adopting Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| As of today Fon will disengage from Microsoft and adopt
| Linux in the Ubuntu form as our operating system of choice. `----

http://english.martinvarsavsky.net/fon/fon-is-dropping-microsoft-adopting-ubuntu.html

Roy, this is good news. FON's observations mirror mine exactly. Earlier this week, the 100 GB 2.5" laptop HD arrived. I installed it in my Dell C600, 850 MHz Intel, 512 MB laptop. I used Edubuntu to initialise the hard drive and do the installation.

My first observations were that it boots up considerably faster than Windows 2000. Whilst browsing the Internet, I downloaded and viewed Word files involving the Microsoft courtroom documents and other issues.

Open Office 2.2 had no difficulty immediately opening those documents and properly displaying them.

It is as though a load was lifted off my computer and now performance is definitely adequate. I do not need to buy another laptop to do my work.

The bloat is gone.

--
Cheers, Rafael

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm