[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Founder Refuses to Accept Microsoft's Racketeering Plan

[Mark Shuttleworth Interview]

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is asking people to pay them for patents, but they won't
| say which ones. If a guy walks into a shop and says: "It's an
| unsafe neighbourhood, why don't you pay me 20 bucks and I'll make
| sure you're okay," that's illegal. It's racketeering. What Microsoft
| is doing with intellectual property is exactly the same. It's a great
| company and I have great admiration for it, but this was not a
| well considered position.
|
| So you wouldn't do a deal?
|
| No, absolutely not. But the time will come when the folks at
| Microsoft who have a clear vision for the company as a participant
| in this community, rather than as a hostile antagonist, will win.
`----

http://mybroadband.co.za/nephp/?m=show&id=6672

Related:

Court: Microsoft, Best Buy must stand trial for racketeering

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com/stories/001/?ID=5059