Re: [News] [OSS] GPLv3 Could Become Compatible with GPLv2, Xandros Doesn't Mind Diving

[H]omer wrote:

| Typaldos said he's not concerned. "If you are a
| businessperson, you can't worry about every eventuality."

Like the "eventuality" of being out of business, for example?

Idiot.

It turns out that Xandros has Microsoft 'connections',
through Corel. Maybe they just returned a little favour.

It the old boys club.

OT - Talking about old boy's club, here is something interesting. Remember the software benchmarks some 17 years ago?

http://dn.codegear.com/article/images/21751/tcmscad.jpg

They are now a thing of the past with restrictive benchmarking in EULA's. This only reinforces anti-competitive practices. This is where governments can open up competition, by striking out exclusionary practices.

--
Cheers, Rafael

http://www.hyphenologist.co.uk/killfile/anti_troll_faq.htm