Re: [News] [Linux] NSA-free SELinux Has New Release; Red Hat Spinoff Boasts Simplifications

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 07 June 2007 19:24 \__

>> RSBAC 1.3 Series Released
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | RSBAC, a European security solution similar to SELinux, has released
>> | the latest stable 1.3 series.
>> `----
>
> It's very promising but still greatly underdeveloped compared to
> SELinux. There are Fedora kernels for those brave souls willing to test
> it, or a Debian-based LiveCD:
>
> http://livecd.rsbac.org/
>
> Also a number of distros use RSBAC, including Adamantix (Trusted
> Debian), Gentoo and quite surprisingly ... Mandriva.
>
> I'm a big fan of SELinux, but I have to say its US Government heritage
> makes me feel rather ... uneasy.
>
> It's good to have choice.

Have you seen /that/ one?

Tresys Nails 'Hardened Security' With Brickwall & Upcoming Razor

,----[ Quote ]
| "But SELinux contains tens of thousands of rules, written in
| assembly language. We make implementation easier by turning that
| spaghetti code into reference code," he said.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reports/6365/1/

I spotted that one paragraph a few months ago. Prior to that, people would
argue that NSA's involvement in SELinux imposes no dangers because the code
is out there to view and analyse. But assembly? I mean, come on...

Who are they kidding? From the land where wiretapping is as acceptable as
opening one's private snail mail...

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | if ("if"=inv("fi")) print("foo/bar")