Re: [News] [Linux] NVidia Linux Support to Improve, More Mac Hardware Drops ATI

> RandR 1.2 support in future drivers from NVIDIA
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In a recent interview the Director of Unix Software at NVIDIA, Andy Ritger,
> | answered questions about the Linux drivers development at NVIDIA. In this
> | regard he mentioned that there will be RandR 1.2 support in the future
> | NVIDIA drivers.
> `----
>
> http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/06/randr-12-support-in-future-drivers-from-nvidia/

Funny thing about my new 64-bit computer.  The motherboard is based on
an Nvidia chipset.

When it boots, the first thing showing is some text from Nvidia, telling
the amount of RAM devoted to video, and this interesting phrase:

   Engineering Release -- not for production use

Methinks the mobo maker, ECS, is pulling a fast one.  Maybe I should
tell Tiger Direct about it?

Nonetheless, even with the latest release kernel, the system is working
very well.  I'm quite pleased.

--
Tux rox!