Re: European court's Microsoft ruling Sept 17 ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Wednesday 06 June 2007 15:17 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Novell and Xandros to Microsoft's rescue ..
>
> I wonder will MS invoke the Novell/Xandros deals as evidence of
> interoperability and would argue that the 2004 ruling is therefore now
> void. You think they were being forced there anyway and might as well
> get into patent arrangements.
>
> "disclose complete and accurate interface documentation which would
> allow non-Microsoft work group servers to achieve full interoperability"

Novell/Xandros are definitely a factor here. We saw this last year. To
Microsoft, the coupons are slush money. They just try to manipulate politics
by paying people to alter logical behaviour.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Microsoft's Counter-Supportive Evangelist (MCSE)
Swap:  1036184k total,   552816k used,   483368k free,    55036k cached