[News] Top Exec Apparently Ditched Novell; Xandros Effect on European Rulings

Novell appoints new UK head

,----[ Quote ]
| Reporting directly to Javier Colado, area general manager for EMEA
| West, de Rojas will oversee the full range of Novell's sales and
| consulting business across UK and Ireland.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2007/06/05/224547/novell-appoints-new-uk-head.htm

Someone must have left the building then. Here's why Novell's payments for
interoperability are bad. The European ruling will now be hindred...

European court's Microsoft ruling Sept 17

,----[ Quote ]
| In March 2004, the Commission imposed a record 497 million euro
| ($657 million) fine on Microsoft and ordered it to change its
| business practices, ruling the company failed to give other makers
| of small business servers the information needed to compete
| with Microsoft's own products.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUSL0585241320070605

Let's not forget Xandros, which also did the 'IP gig' with Microsoft, giving
Microsoft fuel against the EU ruling.

[Xandros] They Will Be Known By Their Stripes

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is running out of options quickly. They know that FOSS is
| the physical representation of their demise in the marketplace.
| Their "move" into Linux is simply a survival reflex. I, with the aid
| of many others are attempting to get some legitimate marketing of
| Linux "out there" before Microsoft can brand themselves too deeply
| into the Linux name.
|
| [...]
|
| Distro developers and development teams are struggling greatly just
| to find the funding to purchase video cards and cheap scanners so
| they can test and build drivers for them. I can name three good
| distros that are on the brink of folding due to lack of money.
| Meanwhile, Microsoft is raking Linux money in with both hands like
| some rube on a winning streak at a gambling table.
`----

http://blog.lobby4linux.com/index.php?/archives/209-They-Will-Be-Known-By-Their-Stripes.html
http://tinyurl.com/ys5jvu

Related:

Microsoft Responds as EU Considers Break-Up

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Responds_as_EU_Considers_BreakUp/1177353952