Re: Update: Dell *reinstates* hardware warranty with Ubuntu ..

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 05 June 2007 20:53 \__

> From the "It's just a glitch, honest" department:
>
> .----
> | Extended Warranties on Ubuntu Systems Back Soon
> |
> | Recently, folks like Slashdot and others reported that we are no
> | longer offering extended warranties or CompleteCare on Ubuntu-based
> | systems. User johnnyk submitted an idea on IdeaStorm asking us to
> | bring back warranty options for these systems. The short answer?we
> | will soon.
> |
> | Here?s the deal: due to an ordering system glitch over the weekend,
> | we inadvertently removed the extended warranty and CompleteCare
> | options associated with Ubuntu systems from the configurator on
> | Dell.com We?re working to get the issue resolved as quickly as
> | possible. We expect to reinstate all extended warranty options and
> | Complete Care service for the E1505n notebook later this afternoon.
> | Any orders placed to date will ship with the warranty the customer
> | ordered.
> |
> | Customers who ordered systems when the extended warranty and
> | CompleteCare option weren?t available will have the opportunity to
> | upgrade at original price. More details soon.
> `----
>
>  - http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/06/05/17450.aspx
>
> Of course this was all just an unfortunate accident, and not a U-turn
> prompted by bad PR from Digg, Slashdot, IdeaStorm, CaptainTux, or all
> the Blogs echoing the news. Honest.
>
> Hopefully Mickey Dell will pass the good news on to his ignorant
> Mouseketeers in the "Linux comes from all over the place and as such
> cannot be supported" department.

Update...? check this one out...

http://www.marcelgagne.com/node/510

It's like talking to Windows dinosaurs.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | McDonald's does to diet what Microsoft does to PC's
Swap:  1036184k total,   835172k used,   201012k free,    36004k cached