Re: [News] [Rival] Zune is Still a Losing Business

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 05 June 2007 20:23 \__

>> Zune will not be launched in Europe in the autumn
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Wirtschaftswoche the head of Microsoft Steve Ballmer said: "So far we
>>| are losing money in this business, because we have to invest. Therefore
>>| we have decided not to enter new markets yet." He said he was not able
>>| to say when that step would be taken.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/90590/from/rss09
>>

> Why would anyone here want one?  Microsoft are not very popular here at
> all, anyway, so I can't really see them selling anything much in
> numbers.  People are very fickle, and Microsoft are just not cool any
> more.  The Xbox gets around it to a point by pretending not to be
> Microsoft, but I think enough people have realised what it is now that
> this will no longer be a defence.

There are some more products which lose a lot of money (Windows Mobile
included, IIRC) and naming alternations that are intended to escape bad
image. It's like a criminal that uses name changes in order to repeat
crimes. How many times has Microsoft's search been renamed?

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: mint and self-contained 'out of the box'