[News] [Linux] Xandros Deal Sucks Life Out of Standards, Contains GPL Poison

What does it mean for Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| They get a new protocol licensee which I'm sure they'll be pleased to
| trumpet to the EU.
|
| They get a renewed messaging platform for their  continued
| infatuation with customers and patents instead of customers and
| solutions. It's a broken platform which shows no leadership, but that
| apparently won't stop them from pushing it.
|
| They get to continue the messaging shades of grey around Microsoft
| Office Open XML and ODF. "Xandros and Microsoft share the view that
| competing office productivity applications should, by design,
| make it easy for customers to exchange files with one another."
| Microsoft sees its death in ODF. They will fight like a cornered
| rat and message appropriately.
`----

http://stephesblog.blogs.com/my_weblog/2007/06/the_latest_micr.html

Xandros Linux signs up for Microsoft patent protection

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.itnews.com.au/newsstory.aspx?CIaNID=53516&src=site-marq