[News] [OSS] Open Source at the Heart of the Modern Web, Research

Wake up to the dawn of Web 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| Although it predates the web, the open source philosophy is very
| much a part of Web 2.0 collaboration. Tapscott urges IT directors
| to look at open source both for software projects and as an
| approach to web-based collaboration. "There is no class of
| software that cannot be written in open source," he says.
`----

http://www.computerweekly.com/Home/..%5C/Articles/2007/06/04/224492/wake-up-to-the-dawn-of-web-2.0.htm

Using 3D tools to propose waste decontamination method

,----[ Quote ]
| Grade 12 student Alexandre Harvey of Temiskaming Shores in northeast
| Ontario, used open source 3D modeling software to illustrate the results of
| his research...
|
| "We saw kids enthused about learning and exploring new
| technology to interpret and communicate their findings - it opened our
| eyes to the potential of using VR and open source software, not only
| for geological interpretation and mine planning, but also as a tool
| to educate and interest youth in scientific research."
`----

http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/June2007/04/c7803.html

Related:

LAMP Development - Backbone Of The World Wide Web

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.webpronews.com/expertarticles/expertarticles/wpn-62-20070129LAMPDevelopmentBackboneoftheWorldWideWeb.html
http://tinyurl.com/ysxc52