Re: Everyone off the mountain!!!!

__/ [ Linonut ] on Tuesday 05 June 2007 00:42 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> It's Crossover Office they are worried about. Xandors is quite irrelevant
>> anyway and GPLv3 will eliminate all the concerns people may have. This
>> confirms Microsoft's fear of Wine (and its relatives), which make Windows
>> obsolete.
>
> Except wine doesn't really do that.  It is merely a convenience for
> running /some/ Windows-based apps.
>
> I think MS is more worried about Linux the OS, and ODF the format.  Of
> course, there are hundreds of innovations of OSS that Microsoft would
> wish to lay claim to.

See Matt Asay's take on this. I can't recall the words, but off the top of my
head it's something about the last miserable acts of a dying business
(Windows+Office). It's quite hilarious to watch.

--
                ~~ Enjoying summertime

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I think I think, therefore I think I am"
  1:05am  up 37 days  9:27,  9 users,  load average: 0.86, 1.27, 1.38