Re: [News] [Linux] Laptops No Longer "Work With" Linux, They Just Come With It

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>| I received my XPS with Ubuntu today. The first thing I will say is
>>| that when the Fedex guy delivered it he asked if Dell was having some
>>| kind of liquidation sale because he has delivered more Dells today
>>| than ever before. He told me that he had already delivered five and
>>| there were eleven more on the truck. (Just throwing that out there.)
>
> If these stories are true, its very encouraging. Would love to see the

The quote above instantly dismisses that story at least as being
a lie. A Fedex guy would not be discussing his other deliveries with
anyone.  It reeks of "false".

> sales stats after a couple of months. Backing from large companies
> like Dell may be a real feather in the cap for Linux advocates...but
> beware the snake in the grass.

"May be"? How can it NOT be? The more people exposed to a GOOD distro
like Feisty then the better for everyone.

--
Ha. I say let them try -- even vi+perl couldn't match the power of an
editor which is, after all, its own OS.  ;-)