[News] [OSS] Search Engine for Open Source Code Grows Up; Other Projects Introduced

A search engine for open source code

,----[ Quote ]
| Krugle aspires to be the Google of software code search, even
| referring to itself as a verb. And recently, Krugle has started
| to become the go-to search site for open source developers,
| partnering with key Web sites, including SourceForge.net, the
| leading repository for open source software projects, to embed
| Krugle search. Krugle also announced a similar partnership with
| CollabNet, a community of 1 million developers.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070602/tc_infoworld/89036_2

RT Scratches a Trouble-Ticketing Itch

,----[ Quote ]
| RT likely began life as a result of someone's frustration with Remedy.
| In the open source world, many pieces of software are born out of
| frustration rather than necessity. Plenty of software may exist,
| but if a large group of people all agree that no existing packages
| really meet some fundamental goals, an open source project will emerge.
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6392/1/

Linus and Git are a good examples of this (he hates CVS and maybe SVN too).

Open Source Zenoss Muscles Into Net Monitoring

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/reviews/6393/1/