[News] [Rival] Windows Malware at All-time High

F-Secure CEO: There's more malware than ever

,----[ Quote ]
| DDoS continues to harass people across the world. But is it more,
| is it less? What we are seeing is it is taking up a lot of bandwidth
| and we need to protect people.
|
| I think there could actually be a big shift from commercial to
| political DDoS attacks, such as we saw recently with Estonia
| [and Russia]. Any place where you have political instability
| you could see an increase in DDoS attacks in that region.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6188138.html

Related:

Estonia suspects Kremlin in Web attacks

,----[ Quote ]
| He said more than 1 million computers worldwide have been used in
| recent weeks to attack Estonian government and business Web sites
| since a dispute arose with Moscow over Estonia's moving of a
| Soviet-era war memorial from downtown Tallinn.
`----

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/17/estonia.cyber.attacks.ap/index.html?eref=rss_tech

U.S. cyber counterattack: Bomb 'em one way or the other

,----[ Quote ]
| If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed
| at undermining the natio's critical information infrastructure,
| the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of
| the president, to launch a cyber counterattack or an actual
| bombing of an attack source.
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/020807-rsa-cyber-attacks.html

China Crafts Cyberweapons