[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux is a Lifesaver, Even to Mac Users

Click...Click...Click: How a Virtual (K)Ubuntu Penguin Saved My 50GB
Music Collection

,----[ Quote ]
| Still, I wanted to try one more thing before going just using dd to
| make a full duplicate of the drive. So I went to the oldest computer
| in the house (running Kubuntu), booted it up, plugged in my USB 2.0
| drive into the USB 1.0 slot, waited as Kubuntu recognized the drive
| and mounted it, then I got my Fantom drive from my room, unplugged
| the keyboard on the Kubuntu desktop as it was taking up the only
| other USB slot and started copying about half the music folder over
| to my Fantom 500 GB drive. Nice! Everything seemed to be working.
`----

http://www.adampieniazek.com/technology/clickclickclick-how-a-virtual-kubuntu-penguin-saved-my-50gb-music-collection/
http://tinyurl.com/ypx4gk

Also on the power of Ubuntu:

Installing Xubuntu as a headless server.

,----[ Quote ]
| What headless means is no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse. This way
| you can put that POS somewhere out of site, just make sure you
| have your Ethernet network connected to it. This is after we get
| it all installed.
`----

http://osdcm.com/home/tool/installing-xubuntu-as-a-headless-server/

No windows. No Windows.