Re: [News] [Linux] New Qt Toolkit is Impressive

After takin' a swig o' grog, DFS belched out this bit o' wisdom:

> Mulehead wrote:
>> How does eye candy speed up my SQL queries???  Does it help me do
>> anything faster?  No, it just eats processor and impresses the
>> Windows crowd...
>
> It impresses everyone, bonehead, and it makes you much more likely to stick
> with the software (except for Linonut - his screen is death-warmed-over).

Nah, my screen in now beautiful.  Found some Futurama wallpaper.  So you
can now bite my shiny metal ass <grin>.

> Mark Shuttleworth of Ubuntu was crowing over "pretty is a feature" not too
> long ago.

No one but a moron would waste RAM and CPU cycles on X Windows on a
database server.

Hint:  You can fire up the GUI whenever you want to do maintenance using
GUI tools, should you be so mentally-challenged as to require GUI tools
to administer a database.  The rest of the time, you don't need it running.

--
The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.