[News] [Linux] MySQL Warns MicroS(CO)oft About Its Shot in Own Foot

MySQL warns Microsoft on open source credibilty

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft must work with, not against, open source otherwise it
| risks sacrificing developer support and credibility among customers
| - even Windows loyalists.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/31/microsoft_mysql_mickos/

Related:

Microsoft Steps Up Open-Source Battle

,----[ Quote ]
| "I'm stunned that after taking a number of seemingly positive steps
| vis-a-vis its thinking and strategy around open source, Microsoft has
| decided to blow away any bridges it built in a matter of weeks," long
| time Microsoft pundit Mary Jo Foley opined.
|
| She noted that Microsoft's threat to sue had backfired, and pointed
| to a website that lists over 300 open-source supporters that are
| openly asking Microsoft to sue them over alleged patent infringement.
|
| Microsoft is now in a tough predicament. Either it must stick to its
| guns, or attempt to back off and sweep what could become a public
| relations disaster under the rug.
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Microsoft_Steps_Up_OpenSource_Battle/1179859754

SCO was Microsoft's patent warm-up act