[News] [Linux] Recommendations: Ubuntu Linux, Open Source Mapping Database

Ubuntu Linux: Servers, licensing and installation advice

,----[ Quote ]
| In this Q&A, Kutz gives some advice for getting started with Ubuntu,
| his perspective on the inclusion of proprietary licensing and a tip
| on troubleshooting during an Ubuntu installation.
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid39_gci1255952,00.html

Open Source Mapping Database For Broadband Data Recommended

,----[ Quote ]
| A user-generated mapping database could compliment and verify
| existing data collection methods, ITIF said, adding that current
| information is flawed in at least one more way. Recent reports
| from South Dakota indicate 2.5 broadband lines per business
| in that state.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cmp/20070531/tc_cmp/199703633

Related:

DM Solutions Group Announces Support for Open-Source Web Mapping Technology

,----[ Snippet ]
| The open-source Web-mapping user community has been growing exponentially
| in the past few years -- the MapServer user base alone is estimated to be
| between 40,000 and 70,000 worldwide. As these communities have grown and
| evolved, user's needs for heightened support have grown with it.
`----

http://www.geospatial-online.com/geospatialsolutions/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=371640

Open source creeps into mapping software

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,61952140,00.htm