Re: [News] [Linux] Why Microsoft is So Scared of Linux (and Google)

amicus_curious wrote:

>> Why Is Microsoft Threatening Linux?
>>

>> | I have visited many parts of the world over the years where the locals
>> | moaned about having to pirate a product because nobody would sell it
>> | to them legitimately. And I have always believed that in some
>> | particularly underserved areas around the world, such as Southeast
>> | Asia, software piracy is tolerated to keep Linux from gaining a
>> | foothold. It never ends.
>> `----
>>
> It must be a source of never ending shame to the Linux community that,
> where choice is clearly possible, users would rather go to the lengths
> necessary
> to steal Windows than to use Linux legitimately.  How can they square that
> with their beliefs?  They say Windows is only popular because the users
> know of no other way, but when actually faced with a choice and in a
> situation
> biased against Windows, they still seem to choose Windows.  It doesn't add
> up.

Part of the human condition is the strange belief that if it didn't cost you
it has no value. This is why people have been so willing to pollute our
air, rivers, lakes, oceans, open lands, etc...

It is only now, where things have been destroyed that people are gradually
coming to the realisation that the be best things in life are free. More
importantly, without those free things, there is no life.

Ian