Re: [News] [Linux] Review of a Beautiful Low-end Linux PC

____/ John Bailo on Wednesday 20 June 2007 09:40 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> The Zonbox: Small, quiet, solid state Linux computing
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Zonbox is also very environmentally friendly. In their words: With
>> | Zonbu, green doesn’t have to make you blue! With its efficient ultra
>> | low power design, Zonbu delivers the power of a traditional desktop
>> | computer but uses just a fraction of the energy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.arsgeek.com/?p=1949
>
> So is this actually a thin client?   That is, boots completely off the
> network?
>
> If so -- this is exactly what I've been interested in for years.

This one isn't enterprise-oriented, but in a different form it would be optimal
for businesses that centralise services and want to keep power consumption and
cost down. One (or more) server handles all the load and the thin clients
serve as access points on a thick network.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymous posters are more frequently disregarded
Mem:    515500k total,   446400k used,    69100k free,      932k buffers