[News] [Linux] Video Shows the Innovative Future of KDE, LF Reveals Future Plans

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Video Shows the Innovative Future of KDE, LF Reveals Future Plans
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 04:40:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Screencast: Dolphin’s Nepomuk integration

,----[ Quote ]
| The video shows how Nepomuk works inside of KDE 4’s Dolphin: rating,
| commenting and tagging are shown with short examples.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/19/screencast-dolphins-nepomuk-integration/

Linux Foundation charts Linux's future

,----[ Quote ]
| In a statement, Jim Zemlin, executive director of The Linux Foundation,
| said, "We are extremely pleased with the results so far of our Linux
| Foundation Collaboration Summit. We have seen a tremendous response for the
| Summit based on all the right people being in one place to drive meaningful
| change and improvement in the Linux platform. The Linux Foundation was
| thrilled to see kernel developers, end users, ISVs, distribution and system
| vendors truly listening to each other and working together to advance the
| platform. When we work together, the community is unstoppable."

More about Nepomuk-KDE: Soprano and KDE integration

,----[ Quote ]
| As the central meta data storage Soprano will be accessible to all
| applications through the KDE application framework
|
| The storage itself will be filled in different ways. First, there is
| KMetaData: It provides easy to use functions for system developers to
| create and read meta data in storage. Think of applications where meta
| data are an essential part of the program: Digikam and Amarok are
| typical examples.
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/06/19/more-about-nepomuk-kde-soprano-and-kde-integration/

Semantic Desktop and KDE 4 - State and Plans of Nepomuk-KDE

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://liquidat.wordpress.com/2007/05/31/semantic-desktop-and-kde-4-state-and-plans-of-nepomuk-kde/