[News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux Adopts Upstart for Faster and Better Booting

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Ubuntu Linux Adopts Upstart for Faster and Better Booting
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 04:17:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Here are a couple of videos whowing Linux and Windows booting, side by side:

Dueling Boot [Ubuntu Linux and Windows XP]

,----[ Quote ]
| In celebration of my recent migration from XP to Ubuntu I have set up a
| duel between the two.
`----

http://ni9e.com/dueling_boot.html

Here's the plan for future releases:

[Ubuntu Linux] Gutsy Feature Plan

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu 7.10 will ship with Upstart 0.5, which will provide flexible and
| reliable service supervision.  We expect to harness this for suitable
| core services, and some boot process tasks, as appropriate
`----

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2007-June/000304.html

A new article on Upstart:

Introducing Upstart