Re: [News] [Linux] Linux Enthusiasts Show Their Support

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 19 June 2007 20:55 : \____

>> Interview With Fred Miller - GNU/Linux Evangelist
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | [Q:] Once a migration is approved and announced, where do you see the
>> | biggest resistance to a new system?
>> |
>> | [A:] To be honest, most resistance has been from those who are the least
>> | productive employees. Those who understand that their employer owns
>> | the hardware, not them, and that they are there to do a job and not
>> | "play" are happier with Linux than Windows because it's most often
>> | faster, it's stable, it's much more secure, and applications
>> | are more usable.
>> `----
>>
>> http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/88484/
>
> Yeah, God forbid your typical office Dilbert is denied his daily round
> of Microsoft Golf.
>
> Did you ever see that film "Office Space"?

Yes.

> To paraphrase "If you get right down to it, the total amount of actual
> real work I do in any given day, adds up to about 15 minutes."

I remember that. I had a job just like that, but I left it last year. I still
have another job that's about 5 minutes per week... over twenty quid for these
5 minutes.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Hack to learn, don't learn to hack"
 01:05:01 up 3 days,  6:33,  5 users,  load average: 1.24, 1.90, 2.29