[News] [Linux] Microsoft Discriminates Against 'Non-taxable' Linux Distributions

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Microsoft Discriminates Against 'Non-taxable' Linux Distributions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 01:02:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Here is one of the latest clues...

First Fruit of Novell’s (Known) Microsoft Patent License?

,----[ Quote ]
| So, will we be able to see these Virtual Machine Drivers for Windows on Xen
| available to other distributions and the overall community without veiled
| patent threats? Or, is it virtualization and interoperability only for those
| willing to pay a patent tax? Early reports indicated that the MS drivers will
| be under a proprietary license.
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/06/19/first-fruit-of-novells-known-microsoft-patent-license/

In other words, Microsoft will play with you as long as you pay them money.
Bad, bad Novel.

Live from the Mass. Technology Leadership Council Open Source Summit

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070619065710401