Re: [Rival] Who Ever Said That Choosing Microsoft Keeps Your Job Safe?

On 19 Jun, 16:32, William Poaster <w...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> It was on, or about,  Tue, 19 Jun 2007 15:52:35 +0100, that as I was
> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>

> > ____/ William Poaster on Tuesday 19 June 2007 15:10 : \____
>
> >> It was on, or about,  Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:50:44 +0100, that as I was
> >> halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:
>
> >> <snip>

> >> I read last year, that iSoft was under investigation for accounting
> >> "irregularities". Ah, here we are:
> >>http://www.accountancyage.com/accountancyage/news/2161616/deloitte-
> sparks-
> >> isoft
>
> >>http://www.financeweek.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=4450
>
> >> They may have seen M$ getting away with millions of ££s of UK public
> >> money, so perhaps thought "....if they can do it..."
>
> >> I have to admit I've not heard anything since, but thse kinds of
> >> investigation *do* take time. I wonder if the SFO (http://
> >>www.sfo.gov.uk/) will be involved at some point.
>
> > Well spotted, very interesting. Earlier today (on the Reg, IIRC), MPs
> > were questioned about a 3 billion pound IT consulting bill. Seems like
> > corruption is abound...
>
> Apart from the iSoft investigation, I find it curious that no questions
> (to my knowledge) have been asked in Parliament about this wasted money.
> Such as "WHO authorised M$ to undertake this £40 billion project?", "Just
> *where* has this UK taxpayers money gone?" etc. Though I've no doubt that
> Bliar would sidestep the issue.

I think the British Government have a lot to explain about their IT
projects.  These large projects are never completed by the deadline,
go over budget, and don't work properly.  Yet the Government always
contract the same IT companies to do these jobs.  Suspicious?  Hmmm...