[News] [Linux] Microsoft's Linux Deals May Have No Impact

  • Subject: [News] [Linux] Microsoft's Linux Deals May Have No Impact
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 04:36:31 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
IT managers doubt open source deals will bring change

,----[ Quote ]
| At Ogihara America Corp., a Howell, Mich.-based automotive parts
| manufacturer, Red Hat Inc.'s brand of Linux is a mainstream tool that is used
| to run all of the company's infrastructure support applications, such as the
| Web server, FTP servers, DNS and DHCP [dynamic host configuration
| protocol]. "For us, Linux is easier and cheaper to develop the processes we
| need," said Dennis Henning, an IT manager at Ogihara.
|
| But, overall, Microsoft's pacts with open source vendors are likely to have
| little impact on IT shops. "It's all probably just a fact-finding mission for
| them or a way to say they're involved with the open source community so
| people like myself won't say they're not a player," said Vince Arcuri,
| manager of Unix administration at Home Shopping Network in St. Petersburg,
| Fla.
`----

http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid1_gci1261268,00.html

GPL is still a winner.

Sharing medical software: FOSS licensing in medicine

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/sharing_medical_software_foss_licensing_in_medicine