Re: Windows Newsgroups Hate Vista, Like Linux?

____/ dapunka on Monday 18 June 2007 12:12 : \____

> On 17 Jun, 15:26, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Data Replication Suite
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I frequent the Usenet newsgroup microsoft.public.windows.vista
>> |
>> | .general, a newsgroup for questions about Microsoft's new operating
>> | system Vista.
>> |
>> | You wouldn't believe how rude and crude people are in that newsgroup.
>> | Especially the folks who don't like Vista; the users who think Windows
>> | XP or some flavor of Linux are so much better than Windows Vista.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/gwinnett/stories/2007/06/17...
>
> I'd like to have a "play" with Vista, just to satisfy my curiosity,
> and to see if it's as appalling as some people are making out.  But
> I'm certainly not going to buy a copy, I wouldn't use it enough to
> justify the expense - I probably wouldn't even keep it on my hard
> drive for very long.  There are various libraries and community
> centres that offer free use of computers, internet access and the
> like, but they all still run XP.  And Windows users who I know are
> still using XP too, no one seems to want to upgrade.
>
> So, I'll have to wait to satisfy my curiosity.

It's possible to take it for a test drive for a limited amount of time.

[H]omer tried it, but the URLs are now br0k3n.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os.linux.advocacy/browse_thread/thread/638f2261fce4baa1/bec6301a48e13285

Is it a stupid sig? Why yes it is!