Re: [News] [Linux] Linux PCs Come to Venezuelan People, Backed by the Government

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
Venezuela Launches Sale of "Bolivarian" Computers

,----[ Quote ]
| The new computers will run the open-source Linux operating system | and will first be used inside the government "missions" and state | companies and institutions but eventually are expected to be sold | across Venezuela and Latin America.
`----

http://www.venezuelanalysis.com/news.php?newsno=2326

"The price of other similar brands is US$ 930, and the price of our computer is US$ 690, almost 40% less," explained President Chavez. "But, in addition, it has an added value, given that it comes with open-source software and a three year guarantee, while other brands only offer one year."

For a commie, this guy sounds like a smart businessman...also, does anyone else find it amusing that the President of the country is hawking these PCs himself?