Re: [News] [Linux] Major Setback for Microsoft in Norway, Channel Lockin Lost

Ian Hilliard <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> John Locke wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:01:32 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>Microsoft bows to complaint from Linpro
>>>
>> "We made it clear to Microsoft that we were preparing sanctions, as
>> the school agreements excluxded competitors from this market. Now that
>> they have met our demands, we dismiss the case, says NCA department
>> director Jostein Skaar to Norwegian daily Dagbladet."
>>
>> "From now on, schools will only be licensed for PCs actually using
>> Microsoft software, and not for all computers, including PCs using
>> software from competitors like Linux, Mac and Openoffice.org."

>> Charging license money for computers that aren't even running Windows
>> is is just plain fraud. Why doesn't the rest of the world stand up
>> against this unethical and abusive comapny ?
>
> The answer is very simple: The United States government is controlled by
> large corporations like Microsoft. The United States government then
> supports these corporations when they bully other people, corporations and
> governments.
>
> Here is an interesting link, although perhaps a little over the top, on the
> United States government and Fascism.
>
> http://video.google.it/videoplay?docid=-3254488777215293198&q=genre%3ADOCUMENTARY

You really do have to consider the kind of people in education departments
of governments who agree to such deals, though;  they really should know
better than to shovel taxpayer's money dedicated to teaching children
into the cavernous pockets of Bill Gates.  I want my children taught
with my tax-cash, I'd rather see the teachers paid more and Bill Gates
given less, myself.